Home Forums Themes Support Gecko Bag/Cart Icon Count

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Hi. I’m trying to figure out how to change the cart/bag icon count number (in header) and change it to the cart total $. I searched through the files and I can’t find where it is referenced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Hi there,

What do you want to change on it? please give me more detail, a screenshot to describe your idea would be great for us to help you faster

Thanks

Hi, thanks for responding.

Below is a screenshot of what I’m trying to change. I know with woocommerce it is usually pulled from $woocommerce->cart->get_cart_total() but for some reason it isn’t working correctly when I add it to init.php in the woocommerce folder.

I’m so sorry for the late reply, For this case please give me your website URL and temp admin account, I will do it for you, Because you need to change in Javascript file not in init.php file

This reply has been marked as private.

I’m sorry for the delay, but all above information are incorrect please check again
      Thanks

This problem was solved, please check. And I highly recommend you use child theme to custom code

Hi. Thanks for your help. It appears to be partially working. When an item is added to the cart the price shows up, but if you refresh the page after something has been added to the cart, the item count total shows back up and the price total disappears. This is the same problem I had when I tried editing the code. I made sure to clear the cache and started with an empty cart.

Hi there,
      It was fixed, please check again
      Thanks

Hi. It is still doing the same thing as before, but this time it returns a 0 (zero). I cleared my cache/cookies etc. Try adding an item to the cart. Once it is added to the cart, refresh the page and you will see that the $ number disappears and is replaced with a 0 (zero).

Did you installed any cache plugins on your server? Or if you DNS your domain via Cloudflare, please enable development mode to check

No cache plugins or anything like that. No when I look at it the item count 0 (zero) is pushed down about 50 px and the $ disappears still.

So, it seems perfectly fine on your end when you refresh after adding to cart?

Will you let me know what file you edited so I can mess with it? I’m going to revert back to the original for now and then I’ll try to figure it out later.

Hi,

Please clear all browser cache and try again (delete all products in the cart before check)

I have edited function jas_gecko_wc_add_to_cart_fragment() in file core / libraries / vendors / woocommerce / init.php

and function refreshMiniCart in file assets / js /themes.js

Hi Foster.

It is working now! Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I’ll mark this as resolved.

Have a great day.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.