Home Forums Themes Support Claue-Shopify customers/addresses.liquid ???

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

The content for this file is missing.  It refers to ‘account.liquid’ but that file does not contain any code re: adding/editing/deleting customer addresses.  Even all of the FREE shopify themes include this functionality (please see attachment which is a screen grab from ‘Simple’ theme).  What is frustrating however is that when I copy the content from say customers/addresses.liquid in ‘Simple’ and paste it into our Claue theme and also copy and paste over what I think to be the relevant JS, it does not work.  I simply do not know enough about JS – it was my understanding that it was as simple as copying the HTML and JS and pasting in the relevant areas but the latter part of that seems to be more involved.

Was this an oversight somehow in not being completed in Claue?  Can you please do a cut and paste from any of the free themes into Claue so that it works?  I don’t even care if you format it, I can do all of that I just want to have a complete backend for customers which I just assumed Claue would have covered!   Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

As a quick follow up, the entire chunk of code necessary for the customer/addresses page complete with inline JS can be found here : https://github.com/Shopify/Timber/blob/master/templates/customers/addresses.liquid – but something in our Claue theme is ‘blocking’ the JS from functioning and again, I just  have no clue what or why that is happening bc I don’t know anything about writing JS.

As a test I copied and pasted that github code block and completely overwrite the customers/addressses.liquid file in any of the free themes it works perfectly every time.  so if you could hopefully point out what could be causing the JS to not function when pasted into our Claue theme that would resolve at least this issue…

thanks again,

Ryan

okay well I figured out that this needs to be included between the <head> tags in the theme.liquid file :

{%- if template.directory == ‘customers’ -%}
      {{ ‘shopify_common.js’ | shopify_asset_url | script_tag }}
      {{ ‘customer_area.js’ | shopify_asset_url | script_tag }}
      {%- endif -%}

then the https://github.com/Shopify/Timber/blob/master/templates/customers/addresses.liquid code works!

I’m going to mark this as resolved but hopefully it will stay up so just in case you guys decided not to build it into a future Claue update when others run into the same problem the solution will be here. 🙂

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will forward to our dev team to check and update this issue.

BTW, can you please give me your store URL to take a closer look at this functionalities?

Hey Foster,

my url is: https://www.joriebreonn.com/ and the password is 1231.

I have the addresses page coded back in but you won’t be able to see that unless you create a customer account and I haven’t had a chance to dress it up with CSS yet anyway, but it 100% works so if you want to include on future updates I’m sure other people who are building with Claue will appreaciate that!

Also pursuant to another one of my posts I have entirely removed the popup because it is just so relentless appearing on every page, every refresh…

Looks like you guys have worked out the variant issues which is awesome! So from where I’m at I eagerly await the variant updates to be released and in terms of still unresolved for me that only leaves the request for more control over the popup and cleaning up the search feature as brought up in my post the other day : http://support.janstudio.net/forums/topic/1-variant-issue-seen-on-claue-demo-2-search-display-3-popup-options/

Thanks for the reply Foster!

Ryan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.