June 18, 2018 at 1:55 pm #21693
I have an issue using the following configuration:
– Claue V1.0.4 for Shopify
– Two columns with image carousel
– Color and size variants
– Images just for color variants
For example in the following scenario:
– I have a product with 3 color variants and 6 size variants
– I only uploaded 3 images corresponding to each color variant (e.g. black, white, green)
– For each variant combination, the image associated depends only on the color. For example, product Black/Small uses exactly the same image as Black/Large.
The problem is:
1. The product page shows 18 thumbnails (3 colors by 6 sizes).
2. The thumbnails are not working right, whenever one is clicked, the main image either changes to blank (no image), or to the right image (e.g. black thumbnail shows black main image), or to a different image (e.g. black thumbnail shows green image).
3. The selection of color and size swatches shows randomly any of the 3 images as main image, for example if you select White/Small swatches, the main image could turn out to be the green one.
Behavior I´m looking for:
1. Show just thumbnails for the color variant (3 thumbnails in this example).
2. The thumbnails are to be just controlled by the color swatches. Size swatches should not affect the thumbnail behavior or the main image.
3. I tried the Debut (default shopify template) and it works as I expect (the thumbnails behavior and main image changes just when the a color variant is changed, size variant does not affect), so I´m sure that the problem is not the product configuration/variants.
I´m sorry if this is a resolved issue, I tried to look for it but didn’t find one.
Thanks and regards.June 23, 2018 at 10:06 pm #21877
I’m sorry for the late response. Can you please provide me your store URL? I will send you store access request, please approve so we can take a closer look at this issue.June 26, 2018 at 8:18 am #21960June 29, 2018 at 9:56 pm #22080July 4, 2018 at 5:31 am #22235July 9, 2018 at 10:15 pm #22440
We are so sorry for missed this ticket. I have sent the store access request, please kindly check your email and accept, I will help you setup an example product.July 10, 2018 at 10:13 am #22457
Access granted, thanks.July 12, 2018 at 10:04 pm #22601
I have setup an example product for you here, please check https://cannytees.com/products/new-productJuly 12, 2018 at 10:18 pm #22602
Hi, thanks!July 13, 2018 at 5:52 am #22637
Hi, I noticed that this solution works well as long as the size is not changed (is kept in Small), else a change in the color swatch does not changes the main image. I understand why is this happening, and perhaps is not a big deal, but it could be confusing for the end user, is there a way to make it work for all the sizes?
ChrisJuly 14, 2018 at 2:25 pm #22712
I understood your idea, let me think and find the solution for this. I will get back to you soon with any updates on this.July 16, 2018 at 3:01 am #22790
I am at the same point with my project and just came to the board to post and found that Chris already did a 100% accurate job detailing my exact issues:
- Show just thumbnails for the color variant (3 thumbnails in this example).
- The thumbnails are to be just controlled by the color swatches. Size swatches should not affect the thumbnail behavior or the main image.
- I tried the Debut (default shopify template) and it works as I expect (the thumbnails behavior and main image changes just when the a color variant is changed, size variant does not affect), so I´m sure that the problem is not the product configuration/variants.
So I think we can all agree that changing the size certainly should not impact the photo shown as it does, and with my 3rd color variation (of 4) I also just get a blank as Chris found as well.
As for a potential solution to #1, which is showing ONLY the relevant thumbnails for each color variant… I am the guy, Harry (if this is you reading this), that had reached out to you before buying this template as I had purchased Claue from Themeforest in Spring 2017 – THAT version of Claue did have a means of delivering on what Chris is looking for which is only displaying relevant thumbs for each color variant. I have looked back and it’s far too complicated for me to parse out how exactly they accomplished that and while that would be great to have again so perhaps you can talk to whomever you might know over at Tea Themes and accomplished that in their version of the template.
Anyway while that would be great, my most immediate concern is 2 fold:
- Changing size should NOT change the images.
- The changing should be reciprocal. That is, when say the ‘Green’ swatch is selected it shows the green photo (obviously), but then as you use the < > arrows on the carousel, the selector should also change on the color swatch so that the highlighted color always matches the displayed photo. Makes sense, right?
Please advise! Thanks in advance.
RyanJuly 16, 2018 at 4:13 am #22792
fwiw, I just found what is a highly simple implementation, which I tested per the instructions on the free ‘Simple’ theme (took 90 seconds) and works perfectly but as it seems there is something out of whack with our liquid files re: swatches our template doesn’t respond to the additional bits of code…
RyanJuly 17, 2018 at 10:27 pm #22893
We found the solution to fix those issues. A new version includes bug fixes and improvements will be released soon, please kindly stay tuned.July 21, 2018 at 12:09 am #22996
Hi, sorry for the impatience, any word on when this new version is going to be released?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.