Home Forums Themes Support Claue Moving Page-header

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hello! I was wondering if there is a way to move the page-header to the very bottom of the page above the footer on product categories but not blog posts. How do I go about doing this?  Is it even possible? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Please renew your support at https://themeforest.net/downloads and try add below code to claue-child > functions.php

/* move category description below products */
      add_action( 'wp_head', 'remove_my_action' ); 
      function remove_my_action(){
          remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'jas_claue_wc_page_head', 15 );
      }

function jas_claue_child_wc_page_head() {
          if ( ! cs_get_option( 'wc-enable-page-title' ) || ( class_exists( 'WCV_Vendors' ) && WCV_Vendors::is_vendor_page() ) ) return;
          $title = cs_get_option( 'wc-page-title' );
          $output = '<div class="page-head pr tc"><div class="jas-container pr">';
              if ( is_search() ) {
                  $output .= '<h1 class="mb__5 cw">' . sprintf(__( 'Search Results for: %s', 'claue' ), '<span>' . get_search_query() . '</span>' ) . '</h1>';
              } elseif ( is_shop() ) {
                  $output .= '<h1 class="mb__5 cw">' . esc_html( cs_get_option( 'wc-page-title' ) ) . '</h1>';
                  $output .= '<p class="mg__0">' . do_shortcode( cs_get_option( 'wc-page-desc' ) ) . '</p>';
              } else {
                  // Remove old position of category description
                  remove_action( 'woocommerce_archive_description', 'woocommerce_taxonomy_archive_description', 10 );
                  $output .= '<h1 class="cw">' . single_cat_title( '', false ) . '</h1>';
                  //$output .= do_shortcode( category_description() );
                  add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop', 'woocommerce_taxonomy_archive_description', 40 );
                  add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop', 'woocommerce_product_archive_description', 40 );         
              }
              ob_start();
              $output .= ob_get_clean();
          $output .= '</div></div>';

echo wp_kses_post( $output );
      }
      add_action( 'woocommerce_after_main_content', 'jas_claue_child_wc_page_head', 15 );

Kind regards

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

Yes, I will be extending the support from you guys! Would this be a permanent change of after an update I would have to re-enter it? Thanks in advance!

This apply on child theme and you don’t need to update, for any update we only change on parent theme.

Kind regards

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

Awesome! Is there a way to add a small text at the top-left letting them know the category and then to the head-page we moved to the bottom to add a description to it? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for renew your support.

Can you make a screenshot describe what you want. It now i still not clear

Harry

I want to optimize my pages and categories for SEO purposes. When I write description for them it is showing on the pages like this:

HERE IS THE SCREENSHOT

I thought if I put this section at the bottom visitors can also read it. But when I put this section on the bottom I see that description does not show up. How we can put this section on the bottom and able to show description with white background and since is there a way to add some sort of bread-crumbs or at least the name of the page in the top left corner of the page below the navigation menu? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please try change code to

remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'jas_claue_wc_page_head', 15 );
      }

if ( ! cs_get_option( 'wc-enable-page-title' ) || ( class_exists( 'WCV_Vendors' ) && WCV_Vendors::is_vendor_page() ) ) return;
              if ( is_search() ) {
                  $output .= '<h1 class="mb__5 cw">' . sprintf(__( 'Search Results for: %s', 'claue' ), '<span>' . get_search_query() . '</span>' ) . '</h1>';
              } elseif ( is_shop() ) {
                  $output .= '<h1 class="mb__5 cw">' . esc_html( cs_get_option( 'wc-page-title' ) ) . '</h1>';
                  $output .= '<p class="mg__0">' . do_shortcode( cs_get_option( 'wc-page-desc' ) ) . '</p>';
              } else {
                  remove_action( 'woocommerce_archive_description', 'woocommerce_taxonomy_archive_description', 10 );
                  $output .= do_shortcode( category_description() );       
              }
              ob_start();

}
      add_action( 'woocommerce_after_main_content', 'jas_claue_child_wc_page_head', 15 );

and add below code to claue-child > style.css

.term-description {
      	display: block;
      }

Kind regards

Harry

Thank you for the quick response.

Here is how the site looks now:

SCREENSHOT OF ISSUE

Although the page-head is on the bottom, at the top it duplicates the description from the page head. I would like there to be the text of the actual category the person is viewing rather than the description that is showing at the top.

How do we go about solving this issue? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You mean category’s name on top and the description text of category on bottom?

Kind regards

Harry

Yes and could we make the background of the page-head transparent aswell? Thanks in advance.

Please change code to

}

if ( is_search() ) {
              } elseif ( is_shop() ) {
              } else {
                  //$output .= do_shortcode( category_description() );
                  add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop', 'woocommerce_taxonomy_archive_description', 40 );
                  add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop', 'woocommerce_product_archive_description', 40 );         
              }
              ob_start();

}
      add_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'jas_claue_child_wc_page_head', 15 );

and add below code to claue-child > style.css

.term-description {
      	display: block;
      	width: 100%;
      	max-width: 1170px;
      	margin: 30px auto;
      }
      .page-head {
      	padding: 20px 0 10px;
      }
      .page-head h1 {
      	color: #222;
      }
      .page-head::before {
      	background: #f6f6f8;
      }

Kind regards

Harry

Awesome, seems like everything in this regard is okay. Thank you for the help! If there is any issues I will let you know.

You’re welcome.

Kind regards

Harry

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.