Home Forums Themes Support Claue-Shopify Search Fix

Topic Resolution: Not a Question

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hey all – not sure if any of you have added enough products in your backend to discover the search functionality problem but you can view it here on the Claue demo:

https://claue-from-janstudio.myshopify.com/

type the word “shirt” after clicking the magnifying glass on the demo site and you can see that the search results box expands vertically off the viewport in both directions.

not sure if the Claue development team is going to do anything to clean that up but I requested that they do so a month ago and they have not so here is how you can at least make what they have sold us at least somewhat usable:

go into claue.scss.liquid and add the following CSS under .search-result –  (the second occurrence of it – NOT under “&.loading”) – so that it looks like:

.search-result {
      max-height: 70vh;
      overflow-y: scroll;
      .flex {
      padding: 10px 15px;
      &:hover {
      background: #f6f6f8;
      }
      }
      }

That will cap the vertical height of your search results window so it doesn’t spill off screen and it will also allow a customer to scroll down in the box to see all of the search results – neither of which is possible in the default Claue package.

Another issue is that if you search for something they have default pagination set to return 10 results… which is fine, you can change it to whatever you want, but then when you click the “View All Results” button it only shows you the first 10 on the search results page with no pagination visible.  So if you have say 40 “shirts” on your site the default template is only going to display the first 10 with no option to page through and see more.  To correct that add this bit of html to the page.liquid file right before the {% endpaginate %} tag:

These are very basic fixes that I have made to an otherwise unedited copy of v1.06 – obviously the search function still needs a lot of formatting help to look pretty and for my site I will likely heavily edit the html and make other improvements so, for example, the search results page shows images, does NOT show product descriptions, etc.

I just wanted to share this with whomever is interested so that after making those quick edits you will have at least a  semi-usable search function for now.

Best,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your suggestions. All feature have added and a new version will be released tomorrow.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.