July 16, 2016 at 10:19 am #80
Updating the theme
1. Auto Update
You can download plugin at https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit
– Go to Plugin > Add New > Browser to file you downloaded to install.
– Go to Dashboard > Envato toolkit > Input your Envato Username and API Keys
– To get Envato API Key you need login your Envato Account > Settings > API Keys > Generate API Key or copy exist API key
– Open tab “Themes” and Choose Look > Update Automatic
2. Manual Update
Try following this steps for this.
June 20, 2017 at 1:05 am #5612
- Download the zip file from themeforest again
- Install it to different folder ( or just simply uploading via wordpress dashboard without removing the old one)
- Activating new theme version
- Set the menu to themes location at the ‘Appearance > Menu’ section.
- Save the theme option once
- Make sure everything is working properly and you can remove the old theme files out
Hi, my automatic update is not working, can you help me? if you want I can send my login and envato api key, thanks a lot
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.June 20, 2017 at 8:45 am #5619
Thank you for choosing our product.
Sorry for late reply.
This message mean you have not install our theme on your site. Could you try install theme and try update.
If the issue not done, pls send us website login credential, and Envato account, API as private reply.
ThanksAugust 8, 2017 at 9:30 am #7839This reply has been marked as private.August 9, 2017 at 5:23 pm #7926
The application you are requesting to use for updating the theme (https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit) is redirecting to a newer plugin (https://github.com/envato/wp-envato-market).
It says the plugin is not maintained actively anymore. Hence, our question, which one is safer to use and is the new plugin possible to use for updating the claue theme?
Thank you in advance.
Team ArtKAugust 9, 2017 at 5:28 pm #7928
Hi Team ArtK,
Thank you for report. Our theme work well with both plugin.
The new plugin still have some issue you can check some latest comment at https://forums.envato.com/t/envato-market-wordpress-plugin-beta/21639/111
So we recommend use old plugin it more stable than new.
Best regardsAugust 9, 2017 at 5:30 pm #7929
Thank you for your rapid reply 🙂 We will use the old one for now 🙂
Have a nice day Harry 🙂
Team ArtKAugust 9, 2017 at 6:05 pm #7932
Quick question about child theme update.
We used old plugin to update theme and all is ok.
However, if you look at child-theme version it says version 1.0.0 https://prnt.sc/g6a9ff
The new version of parent theme is ok (version 1.2.0) https://prnt.sc/g6aaaa
We use child theme which came with your original files to preserve customization.
Can you please confirm that the child theme after update will import all the settings from the updated parent theme correctly?
Out of curiosity, why is the child theme showing old version?
Thanks a lot.
Team ArtkAugust 9, 2017 at 6:34 pm #7935
Hi Team Artk,
We never update anything in child theme, we only update parent theme. When have update you only need update parent theme, the child theme you use to customize and override parent theme so your customize codes don’t lose when you update.
The topic ‘Updating the theme’ is closed to new replies.