Home Forums Themes Support Claue Infinite Scroll incorrect number of columns

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Harry 🙂

I’ve just turned on Infinite Scroll. I have my my settings as 4 columns of products but after the Load More appears the next lot of products comes up as just 3 columns so looks messy (see screenshot)

Many thanks,

Karen

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Are you using the latest version of Claue? 😉 Harry fixed the infinite scroll issue in the latest Claue update after we first pointed out the issue. No such issue in our site with new update.

Regards,

Team Artk

Oooh thank you kindly – will update now 🙂

Please backup everything fully before update so you can restore old site in 1 click 🙂 (All Files+ database).
      Still better if you can test on staging environment to see if issue is resolved.

No backup = No update.

Good luck,

Team Artk

Thank you Artk 🙂

As the theme doesn’t appear in updates within wp-admin where do I add the zip file? Went into my cPanel and do I have to unzip the file before uploading? (sorry to be thick!)

Many thanks,

Karen

Hi Karen,

Firstly, I hope you understand that we are NOT claue support. We are just users of claue. The real person to help you with technical details is Harry 🙂

If you are ok with the fact, that we are not experts and just normal users, then read on.

1. If you never updated the theme before, please check out the article pinned in the forum from Harry about how to update. You can install the plugin mentioned in his post which will manage the claue theme update in one click.
      2. If you want to do manually, then you need to be careful. Do you use a child theme? If no,Normally, we first deactivate the theme. (you can even activate store front theme in case you need front end access). Then you login using FTP and rename old theme files and upload new ones. If you upload using FTP, you need to unzip in your local machine and upload only the folder named ‘claue’. However, you can upload the zip using backend–> appearance—>theme–>add new.3. Both new and old version of claue theme will appear in the backend which is normal. Activate the new one by checking version number. Test everything and then delete old renamed theme files from server.

If you use child theme, we normally deactivate child theme, then install using method above and activate parent new theme and finally reactivate the child theme.

Always use child themes to save Harry’s (and importantly your own)  time 😉

If all this is complicated for you, just follow what Harry said and install the plugin 😉

For your help you can read this : https://www.designwall.com/guide/update-wordpress-themes/

Best Regards,

Team Artk

Thanks Team Artk for all your help and for helping ease some of Harry’s workload 🙂

I followed the plug in instructions and it told me the plug in was depreciated, so I deleted it and uploaded the new version that you mention in Harry’s Update Theme thread: https://envato.com/market-plugin/

However it’s telling me I have the latest version of Claue 1.3.3 but I didn’t update to the latest version when it came out (see screenshot). I’ve looked in my cPanel and it does show that Claue has some folders/files updated today, so I’m unsure if adding the plugin updated the theme for me (but I bought a previous theme from envato which is showing that I need to update). I’ve checked the infinite scroll again after of course removing cache but it’s still only showing 3 columns. Very odd!

Thanks,

Karen

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Karen,

We began using FTP to avoid using a depreciated plugin (read security) 😉

However, Harry said before that the new plugin should be ok BUT we never tested the new one.

If the theme is indeed updated properly, then I think its time for Harry to take over to see why the infinite scroll is having issues 😉 My first guess would have been cache in the server level + browser (both).

If you think the theme is not updated properly, then FTP method is the best and honestly it is not very difficult.

However, its best to let Harry check if the theme has been updated properly and if not, he will surely fix.

The issue can always be caused by other plugins and hence, if update does not solve, we need to dive deeper 😉 Probably a Javascript issue.

Our best advise is to test old plugin in the test environment. If you see the issue is resolved, then you know that the update never happened. Old plugin might be still working but do not risk production environment with old stuff 😉 However, you will know about the update. You can use simple localhost to test it out safely 😉

Have a nice day and good luck 😉

Best Regards,

Team Artk

@ArtK: Thaknk you so much for support us.

@Karen: The issue temporary fix by turn on column switcher.

We will fix the issue when column switcher turned off.

Best regards and have a nice weekend!

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

That’s fab thank you! 🙂

Is there a way I can check in cPanel that my Claue is the correct version? (maybe a change log?) As I’m not sure I trust the Envato Market plug in when it says I’m on the latest version.

Many thanks,

Karen

Hi Karen,

It now all theme on ThemeForest have to check theme version via Envato Market plugin.

Best regards

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.