Your account expired support, please renew to get your support.

Home Forums Themes Support Claue Out of stock items showing in filters and on hover

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      peter
      Support Expired

Hi!

Please help me get around the following problems, both regarding displaying as on stock, but they actually are out of stock!

1. When we view the woocommerce shop, it has a nice feature, that it displays available sizes when you hover over product – can it be set, that it only display sizes that are actually on stock?
      2. I would also like to ad a filter by size to sidebar, that should also display only products that have this variation on stock.

Regarding those problems, I have found the following information on the internets from 2 years ago, saying that this would be resolved with version 4. of woocommerce:

This is currently a ‘wontfix’ item – I’ll briefly explain why it’s not possible to do this at this point.

Attributes (your shoe sizes) are terms.
      The terms are not directly tied to a ‘variation’, they are tied to a parent variable product.
      When querying products using widgets like layered nav, they look at the parents only. They cannot look at the variations because the variations are not assigned to the term.
      Since the query cannot look at the variation, it cannot check its stock level and exclude it.
      In the future we may try to revisit this, but as it stands, looping over all variations during layered nav queries would be a massive bottleneck and would cause too large of a performance issue to warrant it’s inclusion. It may be possible once product tables are in WooCommerce core, but right now it’s not possible.

I have updated to the latest version, but this still does not work right 🙁

Can you please point me in a direction on how to resolve this issue?

This is very problematic, because everyone expects, that by filtering by size you would get a list of shoes in selected size, that are available to order.

Harry
      Support Expired

Hi Peter,

1. I’m sorry it now show all variations and can’t exclude out of stock variation.

2. I’m sorry this widget create by WooCommerce team and it can’t fix.

Please try hide out of stock product in catalog page in WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Inventory

Kind regards

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.