Home Forums Themes Support Claue Problem w/ Header linking to Woo Product Cat Widget instead of Header Sidebar

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi There –

I updated Claue to the recent theme, and the Header (below the main navigation) is linking to Woocommerce Product Category Sidebar – which is the same sidebar that hangs out to the left on the woocommerce pages.  It looks kinda silly having the header be widgetized with a sidebar.  Is there any way we can fix this?  I prefer it to link to “Header Sidebar” widget, where the widget is blank and I can put whatever I want in this space in the future.  I also want this space to collapse if nothing is inside this widget area.

I don’t want Claue to force me to list my product categories on top of my header image, right below my product category navigation; it’s redundant since the product categories are already on top.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

You can remove this product categories link below menu by go to Appearance > Widgets > WooCommerce Categories Menu Sidebar and remove all widgets in this area.

Best regards

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

But if I empty out the WooCommerce Categories Menu Sidebar….  it will remove it in BOTH locations.  I only want to remove it in one location – which is the header.  How can I do that if the widget is linked to two different spots on the home page?

I want the Product Categories/Search box to remain on the left of the products – like it is currently (see screen shot attached above).

Hi,

You can display on left sidebar by add widget to WooCommerce Sidebar

Regards

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

Okay – followed instructions.  header issue resolved.
      WooCommerce Sidebar is not resolved.  It did remove the text – and it won’t show anything in the WooCommerce Sidebar Widget.

I checked the div tag for that field, and it’s empty.  So nothing is being hidden by CSS.  But for whatever reason – that left sidebar code is not connecting to the “WooCommerce Sidebar” widget.

Where in the code files can we properly confirm that the code is connected to “WooCommerce Sidebar widget”?  I think once we find where it’s broken, we can fix it, and then it will properly load the information from the “WooCommerce Sidebar” widget.

I have checked my functions.php file – and I cannot find it.
      Thanks!

PS – Attachment below showing left WooCommerce Sidebar Widget is not showing anything – the widget itself is missing from the theme.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by abfchgirlx.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

FYI – Marking as resolved.

Went into Claue Theme Settings > WooCommerce > Selected which Sidebar “Widget” to use as a Sidebar > saved …. now it’s fixed.

Thanks!

Glad to hear you solved your issue.

Harry

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.