Home Forums Themes Support Gecko Search not including all products

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author

Hi there,

Really loving the theme! I’ve just tested out the search bar, and it does not seem to be picking up many products. It’s a children clothing brand so, for example, no products show when I type in ‘Tops’, but they do when type in ‘Top’. Equally, it does not detect the brand names. How does it work? Do I need to add more tags or attributes to each product?

Thanks for your help,

Lucy

Hi,

Thank you for choosing our theme.

By default the search function only search on product name.

If you want search by tag, categories name you need install a plugin for this https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-woo-search/

Best regards

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

Ah amazing, thanks!

I also would like to edit the hamburger menu, but can’t find an easy way to do this. I can do it via CSS, but used the Mega Menu plugin so makes life a little more difficult. I want to stop the sub menus from showing, and edit the layout and colours.

Thanks,

Lucy

Also, I’ve downloaded the plugin and amended the settings, and it’s still not working?

Hi there,

You mean hamburger menu on the mobile? What exactly do you want to edit?

For the issue with search box, you need to insert shortcode of this plugin into header file, If you can’t do it, please let me know I will custom for you.

Cheers,

Foster

Ah okay, yes would you be able to do that for me please? I can’t see the shortcode, etc.

Yes, the mobile menu. The format is weird – see attached for what it is currently and how I want it to look like. The other issue is that I don’t want the sub menus to appear on the mobile menu.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi there,

I have modified search bar for you, please check.

Regarding issue menu, it caused the plugin, please ask plugin provider to handle this issue.

Cheers,

Foster

Hi there,

Please can you undo that?! It’s really messed the formatting up….

Hello?!?

Please can you change it back to how it was? You removed the space bar, there’s no close button, you can’t even search anymore….

It’s done, please check

Thank you

So, we’re back to square one? How do I get the search to acknowledge the categories as with the plugin you suggested?

Also, the Gecko template is overriding the plugin settings, is there a way around this?

Thanks, Lucy

Hi Lucy,

You mean: use the function of search plugin with our search style?

All I want to do is keep the search bar as it is, but for it to recognise any word that I search for. At the moment, it only recognises the product name; I want to be able to search for a category, tag, etc.

It looks good now, please clear browser cache and check once again.

Thank you

The formatting has changed again. Please can you change it back to how it was and don’t change anything else.

If you want to use that plugin with this theme, I need to make some custom code to style for it. I’m really confusing your mean.

It’s okay, I’d rather you just remove what you’ve done and I’ll figure it out. Thanks, Lucy

Ok Lucy, the code was reverted

Hello,

I’m going to try this again, as we didn’t get anywhere last time:

When I type in the brand name, tag or category, nothing is found in the search. It will only find the product name. Please can you help me so that the search that you have integrated into the Gecko theme recognises brand names, tags and categories?

Do not change anything on my site without my permission first this time please.

Thank you,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

I do not know why you don’t want to use the plugin which we suggested.

I’ve tried using it, as you can see in thread. Where would you recommend putting the shortcode?

Please scroll down to bottom of this page https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-woo-search/ and open “How to insert search form” tab you will see the Shortcode of this plugin, Add it to any page which you want to test.

Yes, I know how to insert a shortcode into a page. I put the shortcode into the ‘Header right content’, but it appears next to the currency.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear: I’m looking to keep your current search icon and bar in the header, but with a more advanced search. Where can I insert the shortcode to keep the search bar in the header where it is currently?

Thank you

Hi Lucy,

As I remember, I did it for you but you don’t want and ask me to revert the original code. Now I’m really confuse your mean.

The reason I didn’t want it was because the design had changed drastically. Are you able to put the code in and then format it too so that it looks the same? I have attached a picture of how it looks before and after you edited the code previously.

Sorry if I’m confusing you.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

Sorry for the late, Now I will integrate this plugin with current style, is it ok?

No worries, yes please. Thank you!

Hi there,

Were you able to do this?

Thanks, Lucy

Hello?

Hi Lucy,

I’m sorry for the late, please wait for me a second, I will do it for you right now.

Hi Lucy,

It’s done, please clear browser cache and check.

All the best,
      Foster

Yay amazing! It’s worked 🙂 Thank you!

Viewing 33 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.