Your account expired support, please renew to get your support.

Home Forums Themes Support Claue Custom category pages – filter & pagination not working

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ClaireK
      Support Expired

Hello,

I am using the Claue for wordpress and the home 6 demo with Elementor.

I want to create a category page that will show the products of a specific category. But I do not want to use the default pages provided under: /product-category/rings/ since I need to able to customize those page.

I created my own page under /rings/ and used the products element with pagination. The products appear but without any pagination button. I used the query source latest products and include by term and the the term rings.

Moreover, if i use a sidebar for filters, the filters do not work/appear.

I also tried another product element as you can see in the /rings page but again no pagination.

I need to be able to show a defined number of products, e.g. 8-12 and then use pagination if there are more.
      Moreover, the pages need to be able to provide filtering.

How can I proceed with that?

Thank you!

Harry
      Support Expired

Hi ClaireK,

Thank you for choose our theme.

The filter and pagination only support shop page and category page generate by WooCommerce.

The custom page with specific products can’t show filter and pagination.

If you want show latest products on top please go to Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog > Default product sorting > Sort by recent.

Kind regards

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

ClaireK
      Support Expired

(!)(!)(!) That’s some serious limitation!

Just to make things clear:

1) So there is no way to do have a simple filter on a custom page? For example I want to use a custom offers page, with some text on the top and then various products from many categories. There is no way to filter that?

2)  Regarding pagination, elementor widgets offer the ability to paginate products. And even without any builder or specific elements, one can simply use a woocommerce shortcode like [products tag=”new” paginate=”true” columns=”3″ limit=”12″].

However, this also shows no pagination. I switched to Storefront, the basic woocommerce theme and everything works as expected.
      I missing something or does the theme break basic woocommerce functionality such as custom shortcodes? Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Please provide me with some details on the above issues since they seem pretty serious and I alway try to resolve issue with the theme’s dev team before leaving a review.

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by ClaireK.
      • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by ClaireK.
      ClaireK
      Support Expired

Any updates?

problem also exists with [featured_products] shortcode and more.

How am I supposed to show featured products or similar if the theme breaks the default pagination features?

Harry
      Support Expired

Hi,

Sorry because miss your message.

1. Please add below code to claue-child > functions.php

add_action( 'wp_head', 'remove_my_action' ); 
      function remove_my_action(){
      	add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop', 'woocommerce_pagination' );
      	remove_action( 'jas_pagination', 'woocommerce_pagination' );
      }

2. For the filter, the plugin not support filter on custom page

Kind regards

Harry
      Premium Wordpress themes and plugins, Best WooCommerce theme https://themeforest.net/user/janstudio/portfolio?ref=janstudio

ClaireK
      Support Expired

Ok, thank you.

I will try 1 and let you know

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.